Keep Your Torch Ignited: Transforming Physical Therapy Education
"Enabling Learning When Class is Done"
October 4th 2015, 10:30am
Thank you for attending our session at the 2015 Education Leadership Conference in Baltimore. In lieu of Powerpoint slides or handouts for this session, we recorded the session via screen capture and have uploaded it below.
We have also embedded the full video files we showed clips of during our session. If you have any questions about our session, the Morphopedics website or would like to discuss the content further, please do not hesitate to contact us.
|Dr Jason Craig||Skye Donovan|
Video Session from October 4th 2015
Slide presentations from October 4th 2015
Part One - Why We Do What We Do?
Part Two - Using Wiki Creation To Engage Learning
Vodcast from Pathophysiology Lecture - Dr Skye Donovan
Flipped Classroom Session - Muscle Layers of the Foot - Dr Skye Donovan
There is also a follow-up activity sheet associated with this session to help students focus their learning. You can download this activity sheet here.
Vodcasting to Grade a Paper - - Dr Skye Donovan
Students Presenting 5 Minute Mini-lectures Using Educreations
Video Demonstrating Post-production Video - Dr Jason Craig
Useful Web Resources on Teaching With Technology
Here is a great site from the University of Notre Dame Center for Teaching and Learning. This site contains a wide array of video and audio recording technologies to support this style of teaching and learning.
- Exploring Undergraduates’ Perceptions of the Use of Active Learning Techniques in Science Lectures, A J Welsh (2012), Journal of College Science Teaching, Vol. 42, No. 2, 80-87.
- Theories and Practical Steps for Delivering Effective Lectures, Sandhu S, Afifi TO, Amara FM (2012). J Community Med Health Educ 2:158 doi: 10.4172/2161-0711.1000158.
- Creating effective student engagement in online courses: What do students find engaging?, M D Dixon (2010), Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 1–13.
- Successful Lecturing: Presenting Information in Ways That Engage Effective Processing, Patricia Ann deWinstanley, Robert A. Bjork (2002), New Directions For Teaching And Learning, no. 89, pp. 19-31.
- How to Create Memorable Lectures, Speaking of Teaching, Stanford University Center for Teaching and Learning Winter Newsletter (2005).
- The effectiveness of m-learning in the form of podcast revision lectures in higher education, Chris Evans (2008), Computers & Education 50, pp. 491–498.
- Podcasting in medical education: can we turn this toy into an effective learning tool?, L Zanussi, M Paget, J Tworek, K McLaughlin (2012), Adv in Health Sci Educ, 17, pp.597–600.
- Technology-enhanced learning and teaching in higher education: what is ‘enhanced’ and how do we know? A critical literature review, Kirkwood, Adrian and Price, Linda (2014),39(1) pp. 6–36.
- Exploring the use of video podcasts in education: A comprehensive review of the literature, RH Kay, Journal of Computers in Human Behavior Archive (2012), 28:3, pp. 820-831.
- Is the effectiveness of lecture capture related to teaching approach or content type?, J Danielsona, V Preasta, H Bendera, L Hassallb, (2014) Computers & Education, 72, pp. 121–131.
- Integrating Podcast Technology Effectively into Student Learning: A Reflexive Examination, : J Hill, A Nelson, D France, W Woodland (2012), Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 36:3, 437-454, DOI: 10.1080/03098265.2011.641171.
- Usage and Perceived Value of Video Podcasts by Professional Physical Therapist Students in Learning Orthopedic Special Tests, H B Greenberger, M Dispensa, Journal of Physical Therapy Education Vol 29, No 3, pp.46-57.
- A Teaching with Technology White Paper - Podcasting, Carnegie Mellon University Center for Teaching and Learning (2007).
- Student Perceptions of the Use and Value of Wiki Technology for the Creation and Dissemination of an Orthopedic Physical Therapy Assignment, JA Craig, RA Wong (2013) Journal of Physical Therapy Education Vol 27, No 1, pp. 70-76.
- The Role of Podcasts in Student Learning, i Nataatnadja, L E Dyson (2008), iJim, 2; 3; pp. 17-21.
- Student Use Of Recorded Lectures, A Karnard (2013)
- Using Video Podcast to Enhance Students’ Learning Experience in Engineering, I Kao (2008), Proceedings of 115th Annual ASEE Conference and Exposition, Pittsburgh, PA.
- The value of lecture podcasting for distance and on- campus students, van Zanten, R.. (2008). In Hello! Where are you in the landscape of educational technology? Proceedings Ascilite Melbourne 2008.
- The value of using short-format podcasts to enhance learning and teaching, C Sutton-Brady, K M Scott, L Taylor, G Carabetta, S Clark (2009) ALT-J, Research in Learning Technology, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 219–232.
- Improving Students’ Learning With Effective Learning Techniques: Promising Directions From Cognitive and Educational Psychology, J Dunlosky, K A Rawson, E J Marsh, M J Nathan, D T Willingham (2013) Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 14(1), pp. 4–58.